Wednesday, April 02, 2008

First week


It's been tough getting back into the groove but I feel my body slowly adapting. It's been a few months since I have had to get up at 5am every morning and the first 3 days were just brutal.

The job's not going too badly. I am the Best Boy Electric (the 2nd) although tomorrow I am the Gaffer cos he's going for a doctor's appointment. It's not very big setups, we aren't making Citizen Kane but it's a perfect way to get back into the groove of things. The gaffer is a good friend and he lets me jump off to do commercials and the like so I won't lose any real money if better jobs come my way. I miss having my own crew, the guys I usually work with are in Rhode Island and I didn't want to go cos we are still house-hunting. It's nice to have someone to cover your back and working as a team is so much more enjoyable when you know each other well.

I bought a generator - 6500w. I thought it would be handy at home too if we started renovating or something or if we had a blackout. I just didn't want to go the route everyone else is going of buying lights. It's the biggest work purchase thus far and it's already being rented to this job and I'm almost a third paid off so as investments go it's not too bad. I thought we could use it camping or tailgating too but I was told by my in-laws that camping was usually done sans electricity. It's hard for me to imagine anything done without electricity but if they say so...

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

THat is one big generator. We desparately need to get one...sometime...

Gabriel Ng said...

"Yo girlfriend drives a Honda..."