Thursday, October 13, 2005

warning - religious talk ahead

The God I believe in today is very different from the one of my youth. I attended catholic school all my life not in the US so it was pretty old school - our faith was never questioned. Attendance at mass every Sunday and feast days were assured; I even attended 2 masses given by Pope John Paul II before I was 18 (school outings for catholic school are just not as fun as other schools)

Even I didn't question my own faith till college and I think sometimes, like it is with your family and especially your parents, you automatically love them before you realise you don't have to. By the time you see the flaws in the relationship it's too late and you're already committed.

I hate to break it down like that sometimes but that's how it is. I don't question God's existence, His affection for me and His constant guardianship. Sometimes I question the Bible and most times I question the Church. But as it has been with everything in my life - football, doing my own taxes or even love, curiousity compels me to go deeper because something inside me cannot accept not knowing everything about it.

No comments: