Last day today went really smoothly. It was unbelievable really how easy it went. We de-rigged a roof location, moved a bunch of trucks around, sorted the gear and pre-lit a subway platform (at the FDNY training facility they have a subway car they practise on) The roof location was complicated for several reasons but to get the Technocrane up there they hired a construction crane to crane it up to the top. Pretty amazing, not to mention expensive. The moment I saw that, I immediately hired another rigger for today and maybe that's why it went so well.
I didn't even get approval from Production, I figured if they have so much money at the end of the job to throw at a crane, I can hire a measly other guy. By the time they find out I'm long gone.
Next week it's all stage work which I have declined to do (it would have been as a regular lighting tech) so today is officially my last day.
I feel a great sense of accomplishment and a burden off my shoulders. It's incredible how stressed I was...it even affected my sleep cycle which is unheard of. Can't wait for this weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment