It's not even the second week and this movie is getting to me...the BB Electric (the 2nd in the lighting department after the Gaffer) is relatively inexperienced and so I end up doing a lot of the prep work. With my usual crew, we tend to help one another out and let's face it, I don't have to do as much cos we all know what we're doing.
The irony is that this movie is bigger than any one I've done in this capacity as Rigging Gaffer and with a crew that's less experienced and not my usual too. Another thing they are actually getting me more money (personally) to get me on the job and so I am willing to forgive their inexperience because I'm getting paid more...ha! Just goes to show you how quickly I forgive. It actually brings me to another point where the guys I usually work with don't fight as hard to get me the money I deserve yet these guys who don't know as much technically know enough to care about their fellow crewmembers.
You can be sure that's food for thought.
The strike is a go on Monday. Most affected will be topical news shows like the Daily Show and Colbert Report...I think I am safe till Christmas. This job ends early December and I will go to Rhode Island to help Nina out on a job. She starts one in a week and asked me to go out there to be her BB Electric. I don't really want to leave NYC right now especially since I just took this job and I still harbour a tiny hope I can find a house by year's end. She understands. I will go out when this job ends to help out a few days.
Big City
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment