Monday, October 29, 2007

On a work note

I took a job called 'Nick & Norah's infinite Playlist' - some teen movie. I am the rigging gaffer which is a similar work scope as what I did for 'The Wackness' It's a bigger budget so I'm moving up in the world...$9 million. Maybe people will get to see the stuff I work on for once! I doubt it though, until I do a major (which is anything over $10 million) I doubt I will get a wide release. Who knows, some indies have broken through so maybe one day

The strike looks like a go. That means reality tv for everyone! I have really gotten into 'Bionic Woman' which has been the only primetime show I watch now. Most episodic tv is about 1 or 2 episodes ahead so I figure in about 1 week, all the tv that's being shot in the city will stop and it might be a few months before the lag is noticed on the tv screen. Either way, it doesn't affect movies as much (although the big budget ones might be hurting) since the script is pretty much finalised before we shoot it. On the bigger movies, they tend to add scenes and do more rewrites in the middle of shooting the movie so that's going to be interesting.

This is a list of movies/tv shows being shot here so you can see if there is a stoppage a lot of people will be affected.

2 comments:

Irene C L Ng said...

Hey, who's talking about work now! Never mind, I forgive you...my work is part of my life too!

virgochick said...

haha...but this is primarily a work blog...