It was the wrap party for 'Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist' last night. I had fun as wrap parties go. Because I was rigging the job, I didnt really know that many people on the shoot crew. Still, it was enjoyable to see people I knew and I felt like I had accomplished something important in my career. The budget of the job was about $9 million and I felt like I made a breakthrough succeeding on a movie that had a bigger budget than most I usually work on.
I have since moved on to another movie called "Push". I am only rigging the stage which involves an apartment set (2 floors) and a dream sequence at a rock show. We have been working on it steadily for a week and they were supposed to shoot tomorrow but the lead actor is ill so it's been pushed to Monday.
I bought my ticket to Malaysia! I leave Jan 7! I am quite excited to go home again especially since the weather is getting worse and worse - it sleeted/hailed this afternoon and the roads were yucky. Mike leaves Feb 1 so I will have 3 weeks at home with the fam. Mom and I are taking a short trip to Hanoi - probably do some shopping - the usual fare for our annual vacations.
Went back to PA last week to see Mike's dad Chipper. He seems to be doing well - his appointment with the heart surgeon is tomorrow and we are all hoping they schedule the surgery very soon so we can get it over with. Coincidentally, I did a whole week of interviews for Mike's company and it was for the upcoming launch of a health related website and I learned a lot about heart health and diabetes. I really like that with my work, I get to do a variety of projects that allow me to learn so many different things and expose me to so many different lives and cultures.
Big City
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment