Got back from Europe a week ago and knee deep in renovaton now. Mike got quite a bit done while I was gone so we just have to hunker down and finish. It's going fine, he is trying to work full time in between and I am doing about 3 days a week still. It's very busy out there I could work more but I was jet lagged the first week and did 2 days and this week the plumber is coming Tuesday and we leave during the weekend before Serene gets here so I have to clean on Wednesday as it is the only free day i have before she arrives.
Serene, my eldest niece who is 21 comes to visit June 22. She's hopefully going to intern at Mike's office a few days. Otherwise, I hope she just enjoys her visit to NYC. We are putting her in the basement which is super comfy with her own bathroom & kitchen (which I am using too since our kitchen is out of commission). She will be staying for about a month.
I got offered a $13 million job starting July 13. It will be my first majors job (we define a 'major' as anything over $10 million) I am happy, of course, I've been trying to break the $10 mil barrier for a few years now and more importantly, I wouldnt feel like I am in over my head as it is only a few more million than the jobs I am used to. It is really is an ideal majors job to start with and I am excited about it.
I have also been asked to work in London in September - some friends of mine from my years there are making another movie. It would probably be low budget but would make a nice change of scene and I do miss London. We will see, there might be some overlapping dates so I won't know till closer to the date.
So, some things boiling and with our weekends spoken for, it's busy in the Beck household.
We are headed to Thousand Islands this coming weekend to spend some time with Mike's dad who rented a house up there for the week. It will be a nice trip and I'm looking forward to it. There is no real rush with the kitchen since the Vu-Lees are coming back July 22. I can't really dawdle too much but we can finish the kitchen at a leisurely pace and not stress out too much about it.
I told the Vu-Lees to move by September as Sarah is due Sept 8. Her whole family will descend on the house and we will need that basement free. But they have time to vacate since they come back end July so it shouldn't be too much for them.
Big City
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment