Saturday, November 21, 2009

32 weeks and counting

It's 4 more weeks till the end of the job but it looks like i might work till New Year's on and off to wrap the stage. It's still up in the air. The money would be welcome but I'm not sure if the rest of the house can take much more lack of attention. We havent cleaned for weeks because of the renovation and I haven't done anything to the baby room.

I've had 2 baby showers - one for the family and one for work mates. It was nice - mellow and just the way I wanted it. No girls goo-ing and gaa-ing over presents, it was co-ed and we just hung out. If someone wanted me to specifically open a present, I did but otherwise, we just sat around and talked and (they) drank. I don't really have many girlfriends anyway and the work shower was all the guys and their wives/girlfriends. It was a great chance to see everyone together that I havent seen in a long time 'cos we now work on different things and it's hard to get together. Having a shower means they have to come too which is nice.

Work is going ok. Not including this one, I have 2 more episodes to do. We have 5 more days of this current episode. Thank goodness it's a short week next week. I'm not a huge fan of Thanksgiving since I wasn't raised here but any excuse not to work is fine with me.

At present, all I can do is organise on a small level and hope for the best that I can slowly piece the house back together again after Thanksgiving and maybe by the time the job wraps, I might be ready to do the baby room. I haven't even bought a crib yet!

No comments: