Monday, October 29, 2007

The dirty 30's



I can't believe I'm married to a 30 year old man...I know that sounds ridiculous considering I'm 36. But look at it from my perspective. In the past 10 years, I have never dated a person who was older than 26 when we started. In the longer relationships, it would take us up to a 28th birthday and I would 'graduate' to another 26 year old.

Having said that, my husband turned 30 today. We celebrated over the weekend with seeing a show by his favourite band on Friday night 'Drive-by Truckers' which can be classified as 'southern rock' I guess, if that's a classification. Or older alt.country...I don't know. I don't really listen to as much music as he does so most of my taste is derived from him and I'm not ashamed to say it. Prior to us being together, I listened only to 80's music.

Saturday night was an intimate dinner for 10 at a favourite bar in NYC - a chill cool bar run by a friend that only does beer and wine (a good choice if you know my husband's friends) - followed by a party with about 50 of his friends. It was a nice to be able to catch up with people we don't get to see even though we live in the same city. Then at about 1am, those that stayed went to a karaoke place in Chinatown where he got to deliver his favourite song ('Sister Christian' by Night Ranger - I never said he didn't like the 80s). At about 4am, we (slightly) stumbled home.

The Eagles co-operated for his birthday with a win over the Vikings and at 4pm, I took him for a massage at a local Russian bath where I also got to decompress by sitting in the steam bath for a bit. So overall I would say he had a nice weekend.

His actual birthday is today Oct 29, and my sister just sent word that my sister in law went in for a C-section on Oct 29 so it's a possibility my new niece might share his birthday! It's a nice end to a great birthday weekend for us!

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

he is a baby! I'd rather say that than "wow, i'm so old" :)