It was a pretty brutal first week as first weeks go. 1 18 hour day, 2 15+ hour days, 1 14 hour day and 1 12 hour day. The call times just kept getting later and later because the union mandates we have to have a 10 hour fixed turnaround before they can call us back to work (for safety reasons and sanity!) this means when they go over 12 hours and wrap at 2 am, they cannot call us in the next day till 12 noon. So even if we started with good intentions at 8am on Monday, by the time Friday rolled around, our call time was 1:30pm. I got home this morning (Saturday) at 630am.
I'm still feeling loopy from my weird sleeping schedule and it's already 7p Saturday. Im glad Mike went to a friend's birthday thing at the Belmont Stakes today cos I would have been useless all day. As it is, all I did was eat, sleep and watch Battlestar Galactica.
I dropped a few minor balls this week but kept the major ones up in the air so I'm overall pleased with myself. There is great pressure on this production monetarily however, and I foresee problems on the horizon. Either someone gets fired or they have to cough up more money.
Big City
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment