Tuesday, July 15, 2008

On to the next..

So instead of taking a few weeks off to move properly, what did I do? I jumped into another feature right away!

Yep. I'm an idiot. There are a few reasons for this though: my friend Nina is gaffing and I would like to support her. 2nd, this job is much much smaller than the last one and they just don't have the money to get into trouble. 3rd, it's all in Manhattan which makes it so much more pleasant and easier to run errands.

I am taking a week and 2 days off for the move but this job is such a no-brainer I don't really feel bad about it. There are a lot of tv shows out there but no movies cos of the talks in limbo so I figured I might as well work if it was offered to me. The rates are very low but with my equipment rentals & kit rentals, I'm doing ok. I bought another generator - a much smaller suitcase. This job pays for 7/8 of it so I'm pleased. The other generator is all paid off so I figured I could take on another asset.

Needless to say, I'm pretty burned out.

No comments: