Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Vacation

I took the second week off this job 'cos I supposedly had a house to buy but the closing date got pushed and now I'm unemployed. I could have gone back in but I didn't really feel like it since I never had any days off in between jobs - just snatches of time, really.

Went to a Korean bathhouse the other day. It was really nice - lots of pools & water everywhere. Very relaxing. I find it amusing that Asians and Europeans have no problem getting their kit off and Americans have to keep on their bathing suit. My husband was very squeamish when I told him about it. I came home raving about how we had to go and he just grimaced when he heard about the nudity. It's all separated by gender it's not like everyone sees one another nude.

I just love water. I always feel that in the 4 cities I lived in the past 10 years, the ones I had a higher success/happiness were those that had water close by. I contemplated moving to Prague after I worked a job out there and it was so landlocked that during the big wrap dinner they threw us, some of the technicians asked me how to eat a prawn. It was really cute. But I knew I wouldn't last long being so far away from water.

So for my week off, I'm running some errands. Luis & I watched 'The Dark Knight' yesterday on IMAX and then snuck into 'Get Smart'. Then dinner with some college friends in town. Today I'm sticking closer to home by running Brooklyn errands, maybe go to the gym. I've just decided not to brood over this house thing anymore and just take it as it comes.

No comments: