It wasn't bad to go back although they were in full nights - starting at 5 or 6pm and ending around 6am. But after working 2 days, we got 3 days off to get us back to the day schedule (it's a union turnaround rule that we have to get a certain number of hours for a weekend). I took a commercial during one of those days cos I only worked 2 days this week and felt lazy.
The house thing is going nuts, if you read the other blog you can get the scoop. It's whatever it is, I'm resigned to it.
Work goeth ok. Sometimes I get frustrated during the day but a few sharp words on the walkie tends to pull anyone back and essentially we all do like one another but work sometimes can make anyone mad. This Production in particular is not the most efficient as the director is a little bit of a nutter. But nothing compares to the last one so I'm not complaining. The film business attracts more than its share of misfits & outcasts, My friend Nina has said more than once I'm the most normal person she knows in the biz.
My stock is rising and I have to capitalise on it. I've been offered a $5 million job as Best Boy in Sept or a $8mil as Rigging Gaffer immediately after this one. Both are friends, and money is probably better doing the 2nd. The pace would be nicer too. But I wouldn't be on set and I wouldn't have as much responsibility and in some ways I am addicted to besting.
A friend told me yesterday he was having an affair. Said it'd been going on for a year. I was quite uncomfortable with that confidence. I wish he hadn't told me. I feel like I'm an accomplice. I don't know his girlfriend very well but we are friendly. I told him an affair was unnecessary since they weren't married, and that he should just end it with his girlfriend. Then he told me the other woman was married. Sigh. In this business. relationships are a funny thing.
I asked the teamster driving my truck how long he'd been married (36 years) and if he'd ever cheated (no). Or if he'd been tempted (yes and had opportunity) Then I asked why he had never - was it just fear of consequences? He said it was too easy to lose something after taking so long to build it. He said his wife used to make coffee for him before going to work and once and only once, he asked her why the coffee wasn't ready. "Since then, she has never made coffee for me." He said sadly.
We were all silent after that.
Big City
1 year ago
2 comments:
That's great. If my husband ever cheated on me, he'd be dead. I'd find out. he knows it.
hey iris, if u ever cheat on your husband, i'll kill you. that goes for you too, sabrina. hahahaha
Post a Comment