The Mayor's Office for Film & TV is doing 6 PSAs (public service announcements) as part of a program to bring more understanding of the film business to New Yorkers. I guess, with the super high levels of film production in the city lots of people are getting fed up with film sets shutting down their neighbourhoods (mostly they hate us taking their parking - although it isn't THEIR parking per se ha!) and the Mayor's office basically want to put a few faces to the film crew (below the line personnel as we are known - above the line makes a lot more money let me tell you!)
They got my name through the union - I suppose the list for Asian female lighting technicians is pretty short - and did a preliminary screen test with me. I don't know if I will be interviewed for the PSA or not but it was funny being interviewed for the screen test. He put me against a scissor lift (all tough and macho) and asked a barrage of questions. I thought I did ok and the guys were making fun of me the whole time. I'm pleased cos that means my profile is rising within my field. It was strange being 'directed' so to speak and to balance that out with voicing my opinion and letting 'me' shine through. I liked it.
Big City
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment