Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Week One

How much do I hate the Production Manager on this job? He's probably the worst one I've ever worked with. He is dismissive, rude and such a dick. I can't believe there are people who work in film who are like that. It is such a collaborative process that you have to have some kind of people skills to work in the upper levels that it's amazing to think someone promoted this guy and thought he was going to be liked and respected by the crew.

I've not been sleeping well so I had a rough first week. My birthday was lovely - Mike took me to the baths and we got massages. Then a nice dinner with the Grays and some new friends. It was fun - I ate a lot. It was yakiniku - my favourite. Korean BBQ, Japanese style. This coming weekend, he's throwing together an impromptu party at our favourite Manahattan bar owned by his friend so that will be fun.

We have Mike's fake cousin & husband coming this weekend for a Phillies-Mets game which is going to be really fun. We love having them over and we last saw them at the reunion BBQ in July. We thought we would have a house by now and lots of space but that's not to be so Zohra is leaving for the weekend. We will see her at the party though so we will all get to party this weekend...

No comments: