So the Mayor's office interview was on Tuesday. It was really awkward to be on the other side of the camera and lots of people I knew were there - the makeup artist is a really good friend, the script supervisor and i have worked together lots of times. I did not know the gaffer and key grip but they knew people around me (as it happens) and it was one happy mortifying family...
They asked a lot of questions I didn't really prep for so I ad-libbed a lot. We will see if I make the cut - the spots will be released Oct 22.
They asked the PM (production manager) on the job I'm on for permission to shoot at the studio where I was working so he was very curious about how I had been shortlisted and I think impressed. I find all this quite silly - that my profile has now increased dramatically amongst my peers & colleagues and for producer types, this is very important. Since then he has been really friendly towards me which I also find completely ludicrous seeing what an a**hole he was the first 3 weeks of the job.
Anyway, the shooters went into the stage on Wednesday - a fruition of all my rigging efforts on the stage. They seem quite happy with it although I have been stressing the past week doing location and stage rigging has been very intense although I have a really good guy to step in on the days I am on location. I think we did ok. There is talk of another movie in November - a majors! (over $10 million - my personal marker of achievement) but we will see.
For now, I have sent out texts to other best boys on tv shows just to let them know I am available. I don't want to have a position of responsibility for a while - I just want to be a regular lighting tech for a month or so. At least until I can close on this house and move and maybe visit my sister in the UK. All this requires money though, so it's actually probably going to be tricky working less at this crucial time.
I have faith it will all work out though.
Big City
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment