Someone saw me on the side of a bus the other day. They told my friend Lisa and she told her boyfriend Paul that I'm working with. This is how news spreads...
On the work front, since we made the decision not to go back to Malaysia this year, I have been seeing if there's any work out there. I've not worked in the wintertime for a few years now and I was quite apprehensive as to what I would find. I would probably have been forced to take whatever was out there seeing as it's slim pickings or I could stay home for a few months and drive myself nuts.
It turned out ok. I was offered a job on some Sherlock Holmes movie that's 5 weeks inside on a stage in Brooklyn not far from my place. As landings on feet go, this is pretty solid. I'm quite pleased. It means a steady (good) income for what I thought would be lean months. It's a new crew I've never worked with before (and they have a good reputation which is awesome) and that means Mike and I can still go away in February for 2 weeks maybe to South America or some place warm before pilot season begins in late March. The job starts Jan 2 and the one I'm on wraps Dec 22. It doesn't get better for me. 2008 ended well and my career and income topped 2007 which is what I always aim for. Beginning 2009 like this is very promising.
Big City
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment