Tuesday, December 22, 2009

36 weeks and fully cooked...

My last day of work officially was Saturday but we had to check in the truck yesterday and I will be at the stage throughout the week just finishing little things and tying up loose ends to make coming back next year a little easier. We have officially been asked back for Season 2 - no idea when it is yet could be as early as Feb or as late as April. The gaffer wants me back and says he will try to make it work for all of us. We will see.

Half of me wants to avoid the whole baby time and get a nanny to do this until the kid is one and then I will take off a few years - my emotions change all the time, who knows. Because I have the flexibility to do so, I know I am in a much better place than most. If we had to, we could live on Mike's paycheck but I will miss work and I don't know if I want to sacrifice a career Ive worked so hard to attain.

We have a dr's appointment tomorrow so we can see where the baby is and what he's doing. These days, I have strange fears like that since he doesnt kick much (he squirms all the time) that maybe he doesn't have legs - like a tadpole. Or that he's just developing funny and we don't know about it. All the usual fears I suppose mothers-to-be have. I prefer working cos I never think about these things at work - I'm just too busy and distracted. Now that I have time to solidify these fears, it makes it worse.

But i am excited to finally meet this thing I have been hatching and he hasn't been much of a hassle at all, in fact, he's been really good embryo/foetus/baby all throughout and it has endeared him to me. I hope he grows up as strong as I feel right now.

No comments: