Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Durians


I woke up still feeling a little down about everything - the job situation, we owe quite a bit on taxes this year and general winter malaise...so I did what a girl always does... I went to Chinatown and bought durian! Yep. I bought an entire durian - they very nicely packed it up for me and I ate every single one till the last custardy bit.

It was pretty awesome. It only cost RM 18 (Highway Robbery) to alleviate the depression a little but that is only 6 bucks so I can't complain.

Mike has gone out with an old co-worker tonight so it's pretty good timing. It will give the durian smell time to air out. I'm just glad I live in a city that I can pretty much get anything I want. I even found a Malaysian grocery store and bought some 100 plus (Malaysian version of Gatorade). Amazing.

2 comments:

virgochick said...

My father in law has informed me he doesn't know what 'durians' are so I posted a photo.

Sabrina said...

I don't even know when was the last time I ate a Durian...