I only recently started doing the crossword puzzle. I say recent being about 3 years ago - something I picked up working on the road with 'Trading Spouses'. A lot of the crew did the puzzles and I just ended up doing it. It's really fun and I wish I had known about them when I was younger...somehow they never existed in my world even though they were in the newspaper.
At home growing up, we also had the UK crosswords which in this country is considered 'cryptic'. Those I find impossible, I think that's why I never 'got' it. My language skills growing up were not on that level and by the time they were, I didn't even think about crosswords.
I do the NY Times crossword, which is the standard bar for crosswords, I believe, at least in the US. In our travels crisscrossing the United States, I have only found the SF Chronicle to be on par and the best thing about the SF Chronicle is there is a bonus puzzle in the classified ads section.
Anyway, the point of this is - if you are interested in crosswords there is a blog I go to after I finish (and sometimes when I cannot finish) called Rex Parker Does the NY Times Crossword. I find him one of the better crossword solvers/bloggers out there.
http://rexwordpuzzle.blogspot.com/
Big City
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment