Tuesday, September 08, 2009

the pregnancy so far

i am 21 weeks today and feeling pretty good. we found out it was a boy last week much to my initial dismay. i'm slowly adjusting, my sister said i shouldnt have set myself up for disappointment like that by anticipating a girl. needless to say, she's right.

we have no boy names picked out whatsoever and the ones i have thrown out there like 'Xerxes' and "Ptolemy" have not been accepted. as a placemarker, we are using 'noah'. i am partial to old testament names.

otherwise since the last job ended, i came out of the baby closet and a lot of guys were surprised. no one had guessed. not surprising since i'm not very big but once i started wearing my usual tshirts (instead of mike's) they all went "ah..."

i am now a regular day player on this USA network tv show with a lot of people i like (i dont really have work friends in the sense that i dont see my work people socially - this is deliberate. i prefer to hang out with civilians every chance i get. the conversation is always better) but this week i am gaffing a commercial for 4 days.

the tv show has offered me a slot till Christmas which is fantastic. i can't believe how they totally accepted my pregnancy and were so nonchalant about it. my fears were for naught. i can't take it of course but they said i could do as many days as i wanted to.

so in general i am in a very good place right now. our renovations are almost at an end - from here on out it's all weekend projects that are not daunting to say the least. i will have enough money to pay a contractor to do the pocket doors to separate the baby room from our room as well as the bathroom. i am gainfully employed, i have signed up for whatever classes i am supposed to sign up for, i finally got a baby registry, we are regaining our social life, my varicose veins havent showed up yet and we are also planning a short trip to the UK in October. Pretty pleased with myself, i have to say.

of course the house is in shambles are all this takes time and i'm ok with that.

3 comments:

Irene C L Ng said...

I did say being joyful about the pregnancy and telling the world would not be what you'd expect (here i am doing the i told you so again)...but I'm happy to see you're feeling better about things!

Sabrina said...

Let me know if you need help with your registry. Pregnancy is more socially acceptable nowadays, not so much a career breaker :) Keep me posted, email me...I know..I owe you an email....

Yin F Lim said...

When we were expecting Ian, I was actually hoping for a girl, for various reasons. For one, I thought that we would both be better able to handle a daughter compared to a son. But having a son has brought many unexpected surprises, and the mother-son relationship is quite special in its own right.

No doubt they will break our hearts one day, but I wouldn't miss the journey for anything.

Anyway, regardless of whether you have a son or daughter, I am sure it's going to an amazing journey for you and Mike. Enjoy your pregnancy and take care of yourself.

BTW let me know how I can access your registry - that way I won't be adding to your sister's luggage load when she comes over next Jan!