Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Ridiculous

Day 2 was no less ridiculous. I had a pre-call (2 hours before the main crew comes in) to lay cable, put up lights and just before call time the location manager tells me the generator has to move.
It's unheard of to do this. That's the point of having a locations department. They block off parking, decide with various departments where to park the trucks and deal with the various locations. This guy is highly incompetent. I was going to set him up with my friend (I introduced them last week) but forget it. This guy is awful.

Anyway the production was still harping about one of the guys I hired being drunk on the job and they want to pursue it. I called the hall (the union takes care of these things) and our VP will come down tomorrow. These guys have no idea what they are doing and how to deal with a union.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Good God, what movie is he producing? Must be a sci fi show....if so, i'll probably end up watching....

I am not envying my 9-5 job now....